Book Marketing – What Can a PR Pro Do For You
Experts in public relations (PR) and marketing don’t simply get the word out; they create such a phenomenal success for their clients, that when someone needs a recommendation they are the first name they consider. They aren’t just in the know; they are omniscient, on the cutting edge of what’s hot, trendy, and up-and-coming. They keep their fingers on the pulse of journalism to ensure maximum leverage for their clients at all times. And they do things right, which allows the message to get out to the right people.
From the latest, greatest seminar to the must-read book of the year, behind every incredible launch, high-profile event, or flying-off-the-shelves publication sits a grinning public relations (PR) and marketing expert.
But one area that PR Pros particularly excel at is helping authors with book marketing. PR and marketing includes much more than getting those all-important book sales to skyrocket up the charts. It is generating name recognition and positive leverage for the author’s business and brand. It’s promoting webinars, live events, and seminars, and also taking steps to grow your business into something you can be extremely proud of. Effective marketing helps you to achieve best-selling status and keep you there.
A PR professional can ensure that when someone learns about your books, they can find your books, your products, your speaking events, etc. As servants of the all-important book launch, PR professionals tie up every loose end to ensure an author’s writing gets the recognition it deserves.
Here are just a few ways a PR and marketing professional can get you and your book to stand out from the masses.
• Make sure your website clearly points out who you are, how to contact you, and what you write in an easy-to-understand press-friendly format
• Help with all promotions on the book, from book reading opportunities to high-profile interviews as an expert in the topic-matter of your publication
• Create a plan for selling your book, inclusive of signings and supplemental marketing strategies that generate a buzz around you
• Weigh options for a book blog tour or in-person signings
• Book radio shows and additional media events (but first a PR professional will establish an irresistible press kit specific to you and your goals)
• Newsletter development and implementation so that you stay connected to your audience
• Advanced level article and press release marketing
• Create teleseminars and podcasts around your book.
• Curate excitement about your book, including book reviews and/or testimonials
• Brainstorming additional ways to leverage you, your personality, and your career path
Of course, every book is different, and things might be different and each authors’ needs will vary. Think about what your needs are and how some of the above suggestions could fit those needs.
Diana Ennen is the President of VirtualWordPublishing.com.