Want to get more engagement out of your social media. These tips work!
- Have a Plan – Work that Plan – The key is to be consistent. Don’t stop, start, start back up again, etc. Be consistent in your postings. For example, I share tips, reviews, images, articles from publications, any media I get, what events I’m doing, tips from others, etc.)
- Review Your Plan & Make Changes – Constantly review your SM marketing and make changes .. Just one might be .. finding out when your people are on SM by reviewing your insights and then sending more during that time.
- Use Your Profiles –Use appropriate keywords to describe what you do in your profiles. Does your LinkedIn Profile sound like the same person as your Twitter Profile? It should! Don’t be two different people online!
- Post #PRTips, #VATips, #BookMarketing tips – Remember to include those tips that will reach your target audience. Also, set up columns so you can see what others post under these hashtags and repost some of their tips as well.
- Do not run the same postings over and over again. Yes, you can use ones you’ve used before, but don’t do same ones repeatedly. It makes you appear lazy!
- Facebook Ads – They work! You get to set the budget, target the audience & more. You get more people to your page & you get ads that promote your events or services.
- Images count. Use a great image, compelling message, call to action, etc. Start noticing the ads that you see. What is it about them that stands out?
- You can send people to your website or your Facebook page. Decide which you want? I normally do a combination of both.
- Use the editor to fine tune your audience. One thing I discovered is that you can “Type in possibilities” and it will show what’s available. Say .. Entrepreneurs, business owners, romance novels, etc.
- Boosted Posts – Just hit promote this post. Bamm…it’s done! More likes=more engagement. Promote the posts that get the most responses and the ones that mention your newsletter, your specials, etc. (Not the ones that Facebook recommends.)
- Promote the good stuff.
Diana Ennen of Virtual Word Publishing, www.virtualwordpublishing.com This article is free to be reprinted as long as bio remains.